Consensus Enterprises is an IT consulting firm that focuses on building resilient and sustainable tools for organizations with shared values.
We are a remote, cooperative and democratic organization, committed to consensus-based decision-making and open source advocacy. We value our humanity and autonomy as workers. We prioritize transparency and accountability, encouraging freedom to set our own schedules, priorities, and agendas. We work collaboratively as a passionate, professional group of experts both to support our clients’ needs and to ensure that we are living true to our world view and values. Check out our careers page to learn more about us.
Who we are looking for:
A highly skilled Web Architect with Drupal expertise who has the ability to lead client projects from business requirements through to deployment and beyond. The ideal candidate will possess excellent leadership and communication skills, and the ability to work autonomously while keeping user experience, accessibility, security best practices in mind when making architectural decisions. The candidate’s expertise will be called upon to advise clients on solutions that best meet their stakeholders current and future needs.
- Work closely with clients to understand our requirements and create Drupal sites that meet their needs.
- Ensure work output incorporates a reflection of the user experience, accessibility and security best practices.
- Conduct regular security audits.
- Interview with potential clients and manage client relationships as a Project Lead.
- Plan, implement, and extend custom Drupal development projects.
- Maintain external services and assist with batch processes.
- Support data-driven decisions by gathering data from the Drupal database.
- Participate in code reviews, estimating, and planning.
- Interact with client managers/leaders for reporting, proposals, and issue/risk management.
- Manage other developers within client organizations and organize project management platform, providing guidance on Drupal Best Practices to internal teams.
- Contribute to Drupal community through issues, patches, modules, and documentation.
- Review site performance and recommend improvements.
- Document work through dedicated site, behavioral tests, and code comments.
- Proven experience working with Drupal.
- Experience with Drupal application lifecycle management (ALM).
- Eligible for security clearance in Ontario/Canada.
- In-depth understanding of Drupal best practices.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities.
- Experience with large enterprise software development and life cycle an asset.
If you are a talented Architect who is passionate about using your skills to create exceptional user experiences and meet clients’ needs, we invite you to apply for this position.
More About Working at Consensus
Consensus uses a governance system called Sociocracy. We have function and domain specific circles of team members who are empowered to make decisions on behalf of our entire organization. We encourage all team members to participate in our governance process by joining a circle they find engaging.
Consensus provides unparalleled flexibility. We are all independent professionals at heart, who want to benefit from being a part of a collective. We value a healthy work-life balance and we work hours that fit our individual lives, giving us some autonomy while retaining access to an amazing group of other professionals as a resource. You can find one of our founders, Dan Friedman, talking about the organization in an interview here.
Our growth strategy prioritizes expanding our benefits for staff. Currently we provide:
- Health and Wellness Spending Account
- Unlimited Sick Time
- Work Equipment Subsidy
- Quarterly Adjustments Program (for consistency in pay while working an hourly rate)
Consensus takes our work culture seriously. Many of us came together to create the employment experience we weren’t able to find elsewhere. As we grow, this will continue to be a focus we encourage all members to actively particiapte in.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women, Indigenous people and people from traditionally marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job posting. At Consensus, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment, so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t believe you meet every single qualification outlined, but read this posting with excitement.
If you have a disability and require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at careers AT consensus DOT enterprises.
This is a full-time, permanent employment position with a salary. We calculate pay based on an hourly rate multiplied by the number of hours you work in a period.
- This role is currently paid $41.20/hr (equivalent to $75k/year at 35h/week)
- We also have a modest benefits package