Something of an autodidact, I taught myself BASIC-A programming at age 13 and C++ at age 14. Although I started with HTML when I was 15, I didn’t get a chance to publish a real website until three years later, when I made a website for Brady’s Meat and Deli, a small butcher shop that I still work for on my days off.
In my spare time, I like to teach myself new programming languages, and read. I’m also an active member of Drupal.org, and a personal member of the Drupal Association.
Skills & Proficiency
Drupal backend (PHP/MySQL)
Drupal site building
Web front-end (CSS/JS/SASS)
Low-level systems development (Rust)
- Involved in 52 commits in Drupal 8.0 core, 445 commits to contributed modules, 3 commits to Drupal 7 core. More than 50 edits to the official Drupal documentation. Participate actively in many issues.
- Co-wrote and co-maintain 16 modules, including the Smart Date module and the Clean Markup module; and 15 sandbox modules. 30+ other Drupal-related projects on Github. 17 people list me as a mentor on Drupal.org; I’ve trained/mentored ~32 co-op students in Drupal for my employers.
- Coordinated and wrote the Drupal 8 Core Updates bulletin.
- Featured on the Modules Unraveled Podcast, episode 079.
- Reviewed the book “Migrating to Drupal 7” by Trevor James.
- Attended DrupalCon Portland 2013, Symfony Live Portland 2013, Drupal Midwest Developer Summit 2013, DrupalNorth Regional Summit 2015-2019, DrupalCamp Toronto 2012-2016, DrupalCamp Ottawa 2014-2018
- Presented on Drupal 8.0 features at DrupalCamp Toronto 2013.
- Presented on contributing to Drupal at the Toronto Drupal User’s Group in September 2015, DrupalCamp Ohio 2015, and DrupalCamp China 2016.
- Presented on automated testing at the Waterloo Region Drupal User’s Group in November 2019 and January 2020.